Sunday, March 19, 2006

Vista

I'm testing out the February CTP of Vista (5309) and it seems okay, but I just don't see much of an advantage of these new features. When XP first came out I simply turned off many of the enhancements.

Yes, like always I see the advantage for those who don't know how to navigate around in Windows- but other than the 5 year olds who haven't used Windows in the past - who doesn't know how already? Plus those 5 year olds will catch on just fine to anything you show them.

The funniest part so far for me -

It looks as if they actually broke Solitare. Yes, Solitare that for the most part which has gone unchanged for over ten year other than card backings does not work on my build. I can't even open it up. :)

I give it 10 stars. Excellent job Microsoft.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Any other new features we should know about? Not suprising since this is still a beta. Probably some underlying file or video system issue. I know the folder structure for Vista changed. Is the debug folder still sitting under %windir%? Maybe you'll find your clues there.. or maybe... just another Skull and Bones. Why'd they put Lala with a banana? It's just so wrong.....

BTW, how's Glass?

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't get the point of these updates.

There really isn't THAT much more they can improve on, unless they make every computer be a windows media center.

BTW, Tony - you should join myspace - it's a lot easier to network with it and they've got the same blog thing in it!

belle said...

Tony,
You're overdue for a blog update :)
(=