Monday, December 05, 2005

Life as an Icehouse

80s song I'm listening to now - Electric Blue from Icehouse. Totally 80s, totally love it. For those who haven't heard it - and i'm guessing you were born after 1980 if you haven't heard it - you can go to Amazon and hear a clip of it. I love this power ballad stuff and I wish it would come back.

If you like or dislike U2, the Pope, George W., Tony Blair, or Oprah OR you have a head, shoulders, knees, or toes - check this out - it has sound but should be safe for work. Requires Flash. I think it is funny, not Tiki Bar funny, but good enough to keep in your head.

Wendy and I saw Walk the Line this weekend. The story seemed very similar in ways to Ray - drugs, cheating, life on the road, etc. I think I liked it better to be honest.

Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon both give AMAZING performances. And when I say performanances - I mean the singing and respective sting instrument playing. I knew Phoenix did his own vocals -but I didn't know both of them did their own singing. Phoneix learned to play guitar on his own for this role and Witherspoon learned auto-harp(wha?). Either way, go see it. I'm sure I've hit expectations up but they both did great jobs and you can really tell they put a lot of work into it.

Oh, and head and shoulders, knees and toes.

1 comment:

belle said...

Scott and I saw Walk the Line a couple weeks ago and we both really liked it. I agree that it's like Ray, but it's also more about Johnny Cash and June Carter getting together, rather than just his life. But I really like that they did their own singing/performing. It makes me appreciate actors more when they do that.