Saturday, December 10, 2005

New Person After 7 Years?

I've heard and read that your body regerates all of your cells over a period of seven years, so effectively you are an entirely new person physically than you were that long ago.

I don't know what this is supposed to mean. It usually means as much to me as much as the phrase "You are one in a million" since that would mean that there are 1000 people just like you in China. Yes, I've said that before too. I prefer to believe that who I am as a person has been based on all of my experiences up until now - not that I am a totally different person.

I decided to google some things from early on the internet, or more specifically posts I mean in the mid 90s.

Here is a post I made on 4/20/1996

Reading it, it has to be me that made the post, but I don't even remember doing it at all.

Another one, with some information that proves it to be me (boasting about having a Mark VI Saxophone - and implying it was mine even though it was a school horn then). The amazing part is that reading my post I learned something supposedly about the Mark VII saxophone - I don't even know the information I posted.

Zigzag should definitely take a look at these posts since he is in them too. Nothing incriminating though. :)

The posts aren't terribly important. What was important to me is that I don't even remember making them at all, which is hard for me to grasp. I wonder if this is what people who read their journals from many years ago feel.

One thing is for certain - for better of for worse, I am a different person than I was in 1996.
The past may be gone forever - and whatever the future holds, our todays make the memories of tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice searching! I remember posting about the reeds, and I still stand by those comments. I don't recall the Mark VII comment, but I don't recall a lot of things.