Sunday, December 23, 2007

Best of 2007: Pop

I was actually watching MTV today because they there playing videos (correction, MTV doesn't actually play videos, turns out it was MTV Hits) - and every top pop video was about love lost or being separated. And I just don't mean the video, the lyrics for the most part matched. I'm glad I'm not that into current music - I'd be crying myself to sleep every night. Even right now I'm going to have to change the channel to not fall into a serious depression.

Maybe thats why there's so many emo kids out there - but they must listen to this in quiet as I'm sure they wouldn't be caught dead listening to this stuff.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of good music that came out this year, this just wasn't a showcase of it.

1 comment:

Jay Real said...

To be honest, almost all of it is crap.

You have Beyonce who is being treated like a princess by Jay-Z (and hasn't broken up with ever) singing about heartbreak. Pink is the same way - no breakup for a LTR. Even Amy Winehouse who is consistantly singing about her heartbreak is renewing her vows with her loser husband who is in jail now.

I keep up with the times, but that doesn't mean I like garbage, just because that's all the record companies let through the TV and radio.

So, how did you like Mims "This is Why I'm Hot?" :P