Thursday, December 06, 2007

Did You Know This?

First of all, Henry V is freaking awesome. I wasn't much into Shakespeare at the ripe old age of 12 when I saw it for the first time, but stroke of luck my older brother Jason had just entered high school and in Marching Band played the music from this movie. I don't know if it is just because music and movies that you experience when you are young have a greater impact and hold greater meaning to you over time, but especially the music of Henry V I still listen to from time to time. I haven't seen the movie in a few years but I've got to pull out the DVD and watch it again.

But more importantly, why I post. Who else knew that Christian Bale was in Henry V? Keep in mind this movie came out in 1989. Even though he doesn't have a name in the movie (credited as boy) - I still remember his role clearly. Look for him at 1:43 in the youtube clip above during the famous St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V.

And if you haven't seen Henry V, you are seriously missing out.

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

Yeah, Christian Bale is the body that Henry V carries at the end. So sad. :(